Operations Associate Program
Start your career in pork processing as an operations associate within Seaboard Foods. Structured for you to build a solid foundation of skills, experience and knowledge to prepare you for advanced roles at our company.
Structured for Your Success
It’s a really unique opportunity. It gives you more opportunity outside of a supervisor role, which gives you more experience to learn the day-to-day operations and hands-on experience in different areas of the plant.
– Jake L., Operations Associate
Build Your Future, Gain Skills
As an Operations Associate, you will get the training, skills and structure that gives you the tools to take on greater responsibilities. The specially-designed trainings and learning opportunities prepare you for important roles in our fresh pork processing plant, such as production training, quality assurance, management trainee or line supervision.
- Specific training that prepares you for a technical role of responsibility or a supervisory role within our fresh pork processing plant that allows you to make an impact in our company
- Receive career guidance and mentorship from our leadership teams
- Gain exposure to our connected system
- The duration of your training depends on your knowledge, previous experience and the business needs
The Benefits Start NowWork full-time while honing your skills – and start enjoying financial security, a solid benefits package and employee perks.
- Competitive pay
- Affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage
- Retirement savings plans for full-time, active employees
- Paid time off to qualified employees
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Career training and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 annually per employee and other educational opportunities, including English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, scholarships for children of employees, and certification programs
- Online financial wellness courses for full-time employees
- Industry news webinars from Seaboard Foods leaders for full-time employees
- Employee discounts on pork products at periodic employee sales
- Employee referral bonuses of $1,000 for each referral
- Clean well-run facilities
- Annual family events
Am I qualified to be an Operations Associate?
Associates will be hired into a designated department based on skills, education, interest and company/departmental needs.
What does the training look like?
We will teach you the technical and professional skills you need for more responsibility in our pork processing plant. The trainings cover a variety of topics, such as knife skills, communication, organization, product specific technical knowledge and more. Our training methods vary from classroom, hands-on, evaluation and real-time feedback, to ensure we teach the ways you learn best.
What does compensation look like?
You will start making a competitive, entry-level income with full benefits that start on day one and additional employee perks. There are also opportunities to make extra money through our employee referral program.
What are the benefits?
Associates will get all the traditional benefits, like medical, dental, vision, retirement savings and paid time off. In addition, there are other perks like discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, family events and discount programs, which vary by location. Benefits are effective on date of hire.
What locations have Operations Associates?
Operations Associates are at our fresh pork processing plant in Guymon, Okla. To learn more about Guymon, visit our Oklahoma location webpage.